Thursday, April 18, 2013

Poem: Just Smile Lamb

As with all my work this poem is licensed through Creative Commons; see more about the license below or in the downloadable PDF file.

Please bear with the sappy, love-quality, of this poem.
I am sharing it because even though there are far more complex and literate poems out there every time I read this old drabble of poem I smile a little bit. I suppose that is what I intended when I wrote it.
I hope you can enjoy it.

As always, I encourage sharing and responding to my work.
Also, feel free to peruse my other pieces. I have a lot of different kinds of writing and I am slowly getting the online.

Download as a PDF here or enjoy below.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just Smile Lamb
            by, Alexa Schmidt

Smile darling,
there is nothing wrong,
not anymore.
The darkness is gone.

Wipe away those tears love,
everything is fine,
I promise you this.
The night is young.

Radiate dear,
you have the energy to spare.
There is so much to do.

Breath honey,
I'm not going anywhere,
not for a while longer.
I'll hold you in my arms.

Trust baby,
let the past slip away.
Let us fall into oblivion.

Smile sweet, just smile,
live to love, love to live,
and be in peace.

Smile doll, please
just smile and say I love you.
Let me return the favor,
Let me hold you,
let my help you,
let me be here.

Let me smile with you.
We can smile together.
Just sit and smile,
and with that smile
conquer the world.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creative Commons License
Just Smile Lamb by Alexa Schmidt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at alexa.littering@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say?